Better. Faster. Cheaper.
Avalign offers integrated project development planning, partnering with our customers to incorporate as many improvements as possible, focus on speed to market, and match business plan cost targets with actual cost of design, without sacrificing features and benefits. This approach leads to Better, Faster, Cheaper results.
Done Right the First time. On Time.
From prototype to production, Avalign provides value added contract manufacturing services to help our customers stay on schedule and get products launched on time and on budget. We offer upstream partnership for activities prior to design freeze and throughout the new product development process including research, development and commercialization services. Our experienced team of product development engineers, manufacturing engineers and quality engineers provide integrated collaborative planning support and robust design manufacturing skills to help manage product cost, speed to market and effective solutions.
Solutions to Frequent Challenges:
Challenge: Is CMM correlation a struggle?
Solution: Our Quality Engineers help design effective and inexpensive inspection methods into product specifications.
Challenge: Does your design transfer get bogged down with change requests from manufacturing suppliers?
Solution: Our Manufacturing Engineers design manufacturing processes into CAD models and drawings to expedite design transfer.
Challenge: Is your cost of product launch routinely greater than the cost projected by the product business plan?
Solution: Our Development Engineers manage features and benefits versus product cost throughout the product development process.
Avalign Partnership NPD Approaches:
– Share target costs from business plan as a baseline to achieve or improve
– Estimate production costs at multiple milestones
– Identify and reduce non-critical features that are cost drivers
– Identify and reduce expensive manufacturing processes i.e. RAM EDM, surface milling
– Minimize expensive branding features i.e. color coding, non-standard silicone, chrome and PVD coatings
– Leverage existing instruments i.e. how many 3.5mm hex drivers do you have in your portfolio?
– Early review of critical features, form, fit and function to communicate design intent
– Collaborative drawing reviews with customer and vendor PDE, ME and QE
– Vendor participation in verification and validation activities
– P2P: prototype to production with same vendor with DFM and production process considered at every build
– QE involvement from beginning
– Gages and CMM used for cost effective inspection efficiency vs. no other way to inspect feature
– Correlation requirements identified and planned within project timeline
– System approach enables vendor performed functional and mating part checks
– Identical inspection methods