Avalign Cutting Instruments has established itself as a leading manufacturer of high quality surgical drills and precision instruments in the medical device marketplace. While specializing in precision-machined cutting instruments for the orthopedics industry, we also provide support for the orthopedic device market with a particular focus on segments experiencing high growth and innovation. Our defining strengths are engineering support, cutting geometry design, product development support, and the overall cutting performance of the instruments we manufacture.
We are currently looking for Finishing Leadperson (2nd Shift) for our Warsaw, Indiana facility. If you would like to join a growing organization, please apply in person at 4643 N. State Rd. 15, Warsaw, IN 46582 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Offering competitive wages and benefits, bonus plan, 15% shift premium, vacation after 6 months, make-up time, paid holidays, medical, dental and vision insurance, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance, and 401k with generous company match.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Schedule Operators in the finishing area and fill-in as necessary.
* Communicate with supervisor to ensure correct orders are running and are being processed in a timely manner. Staging of work for each machine in the area.
* Training of new employees and cross-training of existing employees
* Distribution of work to co-workers; ensure employees are working efficiently at all times
* Check complete orders in the finishing area for paperwork accuracy, verify count and move to next location
* Follow urgent needs jobs through the finishing shop to assure delivery
* Runs production in accordance with established procedures and guidelines
* Read and interpret blueprints, inspection check-sheets and instructions
* Use basic inspection tools such as calipers, micrometers; height stands to perform quality checks on parts as outlined by AQL and work instructions.
* Reports key job status to Departmental Supervisor or Manufacturing Manager
* Making sure working environment is safe and bringing safety ideas to management’s attention
* Recommend new processes that will benefit the company to be the “Best in Class”.
* Ability to lead co-workers in a positive and productive manner
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize
* Ability to read and use calipers, micrometers, height gauge, depth micrometers
* Read and interpret blueprints and work operation sheets to determine appropriate operation to be performed
* Strong math and computer skills including knowledge of Workstation Driver
* Physical ability to lift 50 lbs
* Self-starter and ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.